Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Little Deer by Frida Kahlo (My Art Inspiration)

     I came across this picture on the internet and I just loved it. I think that this image has a lot of meaning to it. For one, this image is half human/half animal. I found this very interesting because you don't see much work like this being displayed anymore. This image also made me feel a lot of emotion. After observing it, I found way more meaning and expression in just this one picture. I guess the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is true.
     This portrait is worth more than just an animal in the deep woods. I believe this picture entails loneliness. Just by looking into the eyes I can see that this woman is trying to communicate with the world that she feels lonely. The arrows injected into her body might indicate misery, pain, sorrow and possibly difficulty that she has or will be preparing to go through. The trees that are surrounding her give the impression that she somehow is trapped and cannot escape. I observed this image even deeper and noticed that she doesn't seem phased by the arrows in her body by her facial expression and the bad weather in the background. This made me think that this image is describing strength and courage to withstand all of this that's occurring. This also makes me wonder if she's saying that even though times can get rough, she's ready for the challenge and can handle anything.
     Frida Kahlo did a great job with this picture. This simple picture, can mean so much more than it looks. This can relate to humanity because everyone as an individual has strength and courage but it's whether you decide to use it or not that's the important thing. Ms. Kahlo expresses these two items in an artistic way. I think that this picture is also asking a question. Can you withstand anything that will come along your way, no matter how challenging it may be? 

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting picture, I definitely see where the inspiration comes from. This is a very intriguing post and it is CLEAR that you looked at this picture iwth great detail through different perspectives. A bloggers eyes, a artist's eye, a critic's eye and a writer's eyes. Good Job Tylar! Awesome Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you Tylar I also think that this represents loneliness and I also agree with you that the arrows that are injected into the animals body means pain and misery. Good job in identifing the picture that was made by Fridi Kahlo.

    ReplyDelete